Liberty General Uganda

Liberty General

Who we are

Liberty General Insurance Uganda Limited (LGIUL) is a leading Uganda incorporated Company providing non-life insurance services. LGIUL in Uganda follows the acquisition of 51% shareholding of East African Underwriters Limited in February 2016 by Liberty Holding Limited. East African Underwriters Limited which was owned by Madhvani Group Limited has operated in the Uganda market since 1994. The rest of the 49% shareholding remained with the Madhvani Group Limited.

Madhvani Group Limited is one of Uganda’s largest and esteemed private enterprise groups with significant interest in almost all sectors of the Ugandan economy. The flagship of the group is Kakira Sugar Limited, one of the largest Sugar factories in Africa established in 1930.

Peter-Makhanu
A word from Peter

"At Liberty General Uganda, we are proud of the effort we put into ensuring that each and every customer's needs are taken care of. Going the extra mile to understand the clients business has helped us offer the best and appropriate solutions to the customer. Our clients purchase the insurance they need whether it's your car, your household items, your business, Cargo in Transit or whether you are on the go during travel - our team is dedicated to making sure that you have peace of mind."


Peter Makhanu
Managing Director - Liberty General Insurance

Values

  • I empower and support people to deliver.
  • I inspire belief in Liberty General purpose and vision.
  • I live with integrity through being authentic, respectful and honest.
  • I encourage staff to make informed and courageous decisions.
  • I am a champion for and custodian of the customer.
  • I am open to new ideas and change.
  • I build trust by ensuring that Liberty General keeps its promises to its stakeholders
  • I communicate and actively support Liberty General community building initiatives.

Model Leader Behaviours

  • Action: We roll up our sleeves and always find a way to make things happen.
  • Integrity: Our fairness and honouring our word.
  • Innovation: Our ingenuity and curiosity to do things better.
  • Insight: Our knowledge/ understanding.
  • Involvement: Our humanity and empathy

Governance and Management

Liberty General has in place an appropriate organisational structure to enable it to meet the ever-evolving Customer needs. Clear lines and limits of authority for all levels in the governance structure are in place to ensure that the Board continues to play a leading role in the strategic guidance of the company and the effective monitoring of management in discharging their accountability to their stakeholders through effective and meaningful disclosure and reporting.

The Governing Board of Liberty General is made up of the Board of Directors and consists of 12 members who represent different shareholder interests within the company. The Board of Directors is made up of the following members:


Mr. Peter Kabatsi
Chairman
Mr. KP Eswar
Secretary
Mr. Kamlesh M. Madhvani
Director
Mr. Andrew Mashanda
Director
Mr. Gustav Jenkins
Director
Mr. Kasirye Esther Joan Nabasirye
Director
Mr. Peter Makhanu
Managing Director
Mr. Mike du Toit
Director
Mr. K.N Nair
Director
Mr. Mayur M Madhvani
Director

Management

Peter Makhanu
Managing Director
Ndyamuhaki Levi
Chief Finance Officer
Raphael Bisaso
Head of Sales and Marketing
Richard Sajjabi
IT Manager
Mr. K Balasundar
Head of Operations

Back to Top

Group Structure


Group Structure Group Structure Group Structure Group Structure

Back to Top




Life Insurance
General Insurance
Address Madhvani Building, 2nd Floor
Plot 99 - 101, Buganda Road, Kampala, Uganda
Madhvani Building, 3rd Floor
Plot 99 - 101, Buganda Road, Kampala, Uganda
Tel +256 414 233 794 +256 312 246 500
Email [email protected] [email protected]
Fraud hotline 0800 200 160